Sunday, April 10, 2022

The battle of Buggleskelly - confusion, and mush worse...

 The Volunteer force opened a brisk fire, with deadly accuracy from MS.




Red deployed its artillery and machine gun to return fire, and the infantry deployed to support the dismounted cavalry and cyclist attack on the station.




The artillery from both sides was now hitting the targets, but the attritional rate on Red was becoming unsustainable.



It was time for Red to withdraw, leaving the road firmly in the hand of the Volunteers.


Reinforcements will be needed to clear the way ...


3 comments:

  1. It is great to see your new blog up and coming and thanks for including my blog under your reading list. I need to add your blog to my reading list on my blog but I have changed my format somewhat making it harder to find on the Internet but easier to follow once you get there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are lovely figures. Where did you get the bicycles?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks and the cyclists are Alexander's Toy Soldiers, and some converted French plastic Tour de France figures.

    ReplyDelete